For those who are silly enough to pay attention you may have noticed that I’ve been away from this blog for over two months!
The title is a bit if a stretch in that I really haven’t been “in prison” but rather imprisoned by life. This summer has been an incredible one in mostly positive ways but in some difficult ones as well. A quick review:
- My only daughter got married.
- One son- Janni the Marine- has been in Iraq and is scheduled to return in a few weeks.
- One son- Christian – the Army Medic is scheduled to be deployed to Iraq in November.
- I received a quasi-promotion at work that has totally changed my schedule for the worse. Good job- bad schedule.
- We just completed a move from a home we resided in, and raised our family in. Sixteen years of memory in the rear view mirror. Much harder on Deb than I- but then if it’s hard on my wife it is by default hard on me as well.
There are other things in that mix too but I won’t bore you with the details right now. The bottom line is that life has been very, very busy and has kept me from my duties here on this site. I hope to change that from this point forward if anyone is still listening.
I’m sure you all have one question on your mind and I’m not telling you yet. More than for any other reason I haven’t been on a scale in almost two months. I don’t think it’s real bad but not likely to be as good as it was.
One of the things that has stopped me from getting back to this sooner is how big of a job it will be to catch everyone up on where I am now- how I got here and what I see going forward. Because of that I’m going to have to break this effort up into smaller posts over a period of time.
If ya’ll are still willing to read I’m willing to start writing again!