One of the great things about this blog is that people are willing to share their tips and recipes for healthy eating. Cheryl was kind enough to share this recipe which I tried making today. All I can say is that they are great! Best of all is that you don’t even have a clue that they are good for you!
If you notice there appears to be one missing from the container… that would be the one my wife and I sampled. Even she liked it!
Oatmeal Blueberry Applesauce Muffins
• 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
• 1 1/4 cups oats • 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
• 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
• 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
• 2 tbsp oil )I used olive oil)
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• 3/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper cases or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a medium bowl combine applesauce, buttermilk, sugar, oil and egg. Make a well in dry ingredients and add applesauce mixture. Stir until just moist. Fold in blueberries.
Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 16-18 minutes.